Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week 11

Ack - how did I miss posting week 11?!?

I was thrilled to see the bok choy and cucumbers :)  Since I am late in posting I can talk more about what I made...

The carrots went into a delish pot pie.  This was loved by kids and adults alike and will be made again I am sure.

I found a use for all the squash...summer squash with baked eggs which I served with no-knead bread.

I displayed the flowers at a brunch along with the ones from earlier since these things live forever.  I think the flower cutting is quickly becoming a favorite part of the CSA experience.  They brighten my house and my day.  I also served a huge salad at the brunch to use some of the lettuce and cucumber.

I tried cooking salmon with an orange glaze over the fennel fronds and serving it with roasted fennel - still a no for me :(

No comments:

Post a Comment