Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 8

Zucchini!  I new it would happen, but this week I feel behind and started the week with some of last week's zucchini still in the crisper.  The 4 more this week meant it was time to take action.


I whipped up a batch of these delicious brownies. They turned out quite cake like but that wasn't a problem.  My husband and I polished off a third of the pan that first night so I popped some in the freezer.  I added half white chocolate chips and half semi-sweet chips and I think next time I would do more white chocolate since they looked so cute with the rich brown of the brownies.

I also made a double batch of these muffins.  I had never thought of freezing uncooked muffins before but it looks quite convenient.  I added 1 teaspoon lemon zest to the recipe but I should have added 2 (one for each batch) to get a better lemony flavor.  I also added blueberries to about a dozen of the muffins and can't wait to give those a try.
I took some of those carrots and chopped them up with some peas from my garden and made individual pot pies last night.  I called them rabbit food pies since it is all things a bunny would eat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment