Friday, July 1, 2011

Week 4

I have to admit, I thought I would be sick of greens. Surprisingly, I'm not. I will admit that I was using the last of the collards I picked in week 3 today and that I didn't use all of my cilantro from last week, but otherwise we are doing well in eating the share. I froze the chard for use this winter in soups.




The gailon is really good and we were glad to see it again this week. My 3-year-old is going to be really sad the first week there is no bok choy in the basket. I was glad to find the kale still readily available since kale chips are now a staple in our pantry.

I am a little nervous about the beets, I have never liked them so we will have to see...

The Root Connection also has fruit shares available which we are not doing but they also have a small fruit shelf you can buy pieces from. Today my boy really wanted a plum so I got 3. At $.30 each I thought they were a fine price.

Each week when I look at the food I realize that the only thing we would have bought at the store is the lettuce. We probably would have gotten broccoli and asparagus too but none of it would have tasted as nice and fresh.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment