Monday, July 25, 2011

Week 7

Before I get into week 7, I did end up making the beet ravioli and it was wonderful. I cut the butter and added caramelized onions to the sauce...yum.




I am loving the carrots and onions each week! The onions have such a great flavor, I never want to buy them at the store again. The zucchini is piling up on me and I may have to give in and make bread or muffins. I am going to use some in a pot pie...these are adorable! and I suppose I could pickle some. Even though it is plentiful I am glad to see it each week since it is so versatile.

I used the squash on a pizza I served to friends and it was a big hit. Everyone was surprised at how good it was to have a nice veggie pizza with good onions and very little cheese.

I did pick some basil (for pizza) and mint (for drinks) this week but I was again without adult help with the kiddos so that was all I picked...I really am craving some more chard!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment